In discussions with friends about privacy and also anonymity on the Internet, there are always the same answers:
- If you have nothing to fear, you do not have to protect yourself!
- With encryption, we create a way for terrorists and criminals to go beyond the law.
- We can not do anything against surveillance anyway.
And many other statements, have brought me more often to think.
But why should you protect yourself?
Companies collect data about us.
The most common monitoring comes from companies on the Internet. Google, Yahoo, Yandex, Facebook, etc. but also rather unknown companies like: OWA, Xaxis, Ad Spirit, eBuzzing, etc. are constantly collecting data about us. They are integrated into websites to provide the website operators with anaylsen or statistics on visitor numbers and their interest or to be able to switch to more targeted advertising. It has long been the well-tried sentence: "Only targeted advertising brings something." That may well be true, because Google is very popular, even because it does not just distribute advertising with the watering can, but this vote on the user behavior or its interests , As a result, advertising is often not perceived as such, but some Internet users even perceive these circuits as helpful support by showing you information or products that suit your current interests.
As far as that may be true and the success of the search engines or advertising networks is absolutely right. But what about privacy? What happens if we do not like it, when and "foreign" companies follow and constantly want to find out more about us? What if we deviate from our real interests and are interested in other things on the Internet? How does this affect the perception of the company as a person? What do we miss by getting only a guided view of the world by choosing others for us? W9 Are we really strangers having more knowledge about us than we would share with our neighbors?
It's a beautiful and stained view of things we get on the internet.
Secret services collect data about us.
Edward Snowden's documents have shown us all that we are constantly monitored and spied on. every one of us all! Why is this happening? It may be a misconception of intelligence that you may gain insight through information that you collect. It's never been that way before, but it's obvious that the data you use is not just for fighting terrorism. There are also geopolitical and economic benefits that can result from this. In conjunction with a propaganda we could never escape, this is optimized by the knowledge gained about individuals and groups of people, adapted as the advertising of Google, so that it is even more secure target. The information that you and I receive every day through various German media are already aligned with our thinking and our desires, and of course there are also organizations that benefit from it, if we think as it was planned.
that sounds like a conspiracy theory for one or the other? But it would be extremely unlikely if it were otherwise! It is not to be expected that the really big and powerful companies worldwide are NOT interested in how we think and that you would leave it to chance what we get to see. So it was at the time in the Vietnam War, during the Cold War, when it came to declare "socialism" an enemy image and so it is even more developed today. We get the news and messages that are targeted for us!
It is a wrong view presented to us, directed to our thinking, with the goal of maniapulation.
Governments collect data about us.
Why our own governments want to collect data about us, you can see very well in Turkey, Poland, Hungary or other countries such as Estonia, Lithuania and so on. these are all "western states" that we would call "friends," but in all these countries, individuals are being deprived of their rights. In Turkey Journalists and intellectuals who are critical of the government are arrested. In Hungary Opposition advocates will be made worse economically, fictitious procedures will be conducted to exclude them even after subsidies etc. In Lithuania "Non-citizens" are kept away from elections and offices even though they represent 30% of the population. Whenever they begin to organize themselves and this is also traceable via electronic media, the Exektuive and also the state-run Proaganda machinery intervene and destroy the reputation or the ideas behind it. And the move from "prosecuting hate speech" to stigmatizing disagreeable people is just a "little one". Within weeks, the situation in other western countries can change dramatically, as long as this is necessary to keep the power of some elites (and they exist in Germany).
One could do something against one's own government, but as this is often supported by international partners, the people are then more powerless!
Some might now assume that we are powerless against all these facts. Of course you can say that, and in many ways it is difficult to do something about it, but it can not and must not be impossible!
What can you do about it?
- Do not avoid discussions about itbut also do it in the family, with friends or in the workplace. Take it true, around you, like companies, Western propaganda or even your own government try to get to know you, manipulate and how some even abolish lies or civil rights. They are seemingly small signals that you will recognize but they then change your perspective significantly.
- Use the possibilities you haveto make it as hard as possible for businesses, intelligence agencies, and even your own government to monitor and control your interests, communications, or simply your opinions.
- Use one VPN-Service on every device and constantlybecause your activities should be as "private" as possible!
- Surf the internet and block trackers and always log out of the websites after using them (Google, Facebook, Yahoo etc.)
- Do not read media that you want to manipulate. When you realize that a medium reports unilaterally or asks leading questions to tell you. Stop reading it! Permanent.
- Listen to others "believe in you" - Form yourself an opinion.
- Supported organizations that are trying to change something and enable us to continue to enjoy more freedom and an open mind in the future. The money that you save because you no longer consume unnecessary propaganda media, invest this or just make your contribution to "freedom and justice without propaganda!
- Never let yourself be pressurized. Most offers that are free of charge and promise you more comfort (free programs, online services, etc.) finance themselves by using your data. Therefore, weigh exactly whether the benefit for you also takes this circumstance into account.
What is the reward for that?
If you expect that you will find a job faster then. Your partner will therefore be more attentive to you every day. The next tax statement will give you a credit.
Then you will be disappointed.
But as an individual and as part of the collective in your circle of friends, your country, your continent and even worldwide, you will make a difference. Our children will continue to choose what they want to live and not be forced to do by others. You will escape problems by not being put under general suspicion.
You will be able to respond faster to change and save a lot of precious time by not believing everyone and everything.
We will not all be able to be "fainted" together.